JOTA and ISS

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2001
      This email came from Will Marchant, KC6ROL

      "Frank Culbertson will try to make some general QSOs from the
      International Space Station during JOTA.

      Frank will be using the general QSO voice frequencies. Always
      *listen* before transmitting. Wait until Frank calls for a new
      contact before transmitting. If he comes back to someone else then
      wait until he calls for a new contact. Otherwise you are just
      interfering with someone else's QSO.

      We *suggested* some passes to Frank. I've attached them below.
      (These times will probably change by a couple of minutes, so run a
      prediction for the day of the contact.) The ISS crew is very busy,
      but are excited about supporting JOTA QSOs. Frank had packed his
      scouting t-shirt and will be wearing that during the QSOs.

      Suggested passes:
      > Oct 20 10:23-10:32 UTC Japan <==
      > Oct 20 12:42-13:02 UTC South America <==
      > Oct 20 17:37-17:57 UTC Mexico and SE U.S. <==
      >
      > Oct 21 12:13-12:30 UTC Europe <==
      > Oct 21 14:25-14:41 UTC Australia <==
      > Oct 21 19:55-20:14 UTC Western U.S. <=="
    • Malcolm Bell
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2001
        At 16:13 16/10/01, you wrote:
        >This email came from Will Marchant, KC6ROL
        >
        >Frank will be using the general QSO voice frequencies.

        Can anybody enlighten what these are? Even which band might be a start!

        It would make a great JOTA QSO!

        Malcolm G4CXT
      • Michael Derek Barnett
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2001
          Je Tuesday 16 October 2001 01:32 pm, vi skribis:
          > At 16:13 16/10/01, you wrote:
          > >This email came from Will Marchant, KC6ROL
          > >
          > >Frank will be using the general QSO voice frequencies.
          >
          > Can anybody enlighten what these are? Even which band might be a start!

          145.800 MHz downlink
          144.490 MHz uplink

          (for north america at any rate)

          -derek

          "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature."
          Helen Keller
        • Steven Blary
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2001
            You can get local pass informaton at
            www.heavens-above.com

            > > Can anybody enlighten what these are? Even which
            > band might be a start!
            >
            > 145.800 MHz downlink
            > 144.490 MHz uplink
            >
            > (for north america at any rate)