RE: [scoutradio] Teaching Morse Code to Scout Troop

  • Darryl Wagoner
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hi,

      I think teaching code to Scouts or anyone else is best done using
      Koch method.  I think it is generally a bad idea to try to teach the code
      where the student first learns what dits and dahs make up a letter.
      They should learn it first totally by sound first.

       I have a page with lots of links at http://www.shecora.com/ham
      plus my free ham testing software.

      Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON

      "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."  - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]