Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 209

  • Kd5inm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      In a message dated 9/30/01 2:33:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
      scoutradio@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<
      Well, I know I said Richard was working on it right now, but I didn't
      expect such an instant solution! See below from PA3BAR:

      >Dear subscriber,
      >

      >The good news is, your radio scouting web site is back on line.
      >
      >To limit the traffic, I had to disable download possibilities for very
      >large files, for the time being.
      >These will be available again as soon as technically possible.

      Could the files be placed on the scoutradio files section and a link or
      address given on your site to them on a temp basis. Yahoogroups gives a
      certain amount of storage space for files on each group that is set up.

      73's John kd5inm
    • Jon Pearl W4ABC
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
        > Could the files be placed on the scoutradio files section and a link or
        > address given on your site to them on a temp basis. Yahoogroups gives a
        > certain amount of storage space for files on each group that is set up.
        >
        > 73's John kd5inm

        The 'files', 'bookmarks' and 'database' area are open to members for their
        use. I think that I speak for Neil, W4NHL (list owner - strong silent type)
        when I say... post to the files, bookmarks and database areas, but don't
        delete another's files without asking first!

        Yours in Scouting,

        Jon Pearl W4ABC
        Trustee WA4BSA
      • Neil Lauritsen, W4NHL
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
          Yes, of course you can upload to the scoutradio files site as John, W4ABC
          said "The 'files', 'bookmarks' and 'database' area are open to members for
          their
          use." AND
          when He also said..."post to the files, bookmarks and database areas, but
          don't delete another's files without asking first"

          YIS,
          Neil, W4NHL
          Permenate PL of the "Free Roam'n Buffalo Patrol" Who's Moto is:
          "When the Chips are Down, We will Back you up"
          WB 82-39 NCAC