Patches

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001
      I'm glad you gave a phone number for the BSA Headquarters. However,
      I have a different number to the "International Division" which deals
      with JOTA. I have 927-580-2401. I used this about a week ago and it
      was the right place and she could answer my JOTA questions pertaining
      to Patches and participation cards.

      In the past JOTA activities, we order about 10 patches before JOTA.
      (These are used as a "sample" and they are given to the Hams who help
      out during JOTA.) During JOTA we give the Participation cards to
      everyone and we will tell the scoutleaders to take a count of how
      many patches are needed. (We give the leader a deadline.) When we
      get the count and the money, we send for the patches. Then they are
      handed out to the leaders at the next "Roundtable meeting." The
      leaders see that the scouts get them.

      Hopefully, everyone understands the ARRL does not have these patches,
      only BSA. However, it is my understanding they can not take credit
      card payment, even on the phone. Has anyone heard something
      different? Last year I got several checks in the mail to ARRL
      ordering these patches. Please don't send the Checks or credit
      information to ARRL for JOTA Patches or participation cards.

      Jean Wolfgang, WB3IOS
      ARRL Educational Program Coordinator