JOTA Patches

  • jhburns@attglobal.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2001
      JOTA will be a centerpiece of the fall Camporee for my district. I am
      responsible for the JOTA part. We are planing on including a JOTA
      patch in the cost of the event registration. The cost of the patch and
      the difficulty in estimating the number of participants is a problem.

      Normally this Camporee has about 200 participants, but the number can
      very dramatically. The spring Camporee had over 300! To make matters
      more difficult we are inviting the local Girl Scouts. Since the JOTA
      patches are nearly $3.40 with tax the financial stakes of over
      ordering are big! Not having enough patches is also not popular.

      We have discussed several ways to manage the risk. To make a decision
      it would be very helpful to contact to the person that handles these
      patches. Can someone give me a name and telephone number to contact?

      We have considered these ideas.

      1. Order the exact number of patches needed after the event. Will we
      be able to get the patches?

      2. Pirate the design. We could get the patches made for $1.10. This is
      probably not a good thing to do.

      3. Make a special event patch. We could incorporate the official JOTA
      design into our patch, if we could get permission form the owner of
      the design. We will be using K2BSA/9 for our call sign so this could
      be a neat patch.

      4. Obtain the official patches on consignment.

      Does anyone have any other ideas?

      Jeff Burns - AD9T
    • rhiller@sysdev.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2001

        We have considered these ideas.

        1. Order the exact number of patches needed after the event. Will we
        be able to get the patches?

        In the past you could not order the patches till after the event anyway......You will be able to get patches, for sure...just don't wait months before ordering them...I've never had a problem.

        I think the 'combo patch' idea is the best as a camporee typically has a patch too.

        YIS...Rick...W5RH

      • Jay Chamberlain
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2001
          It is my understanding that this years patches are $3.25 no tax and S&H included, still quite an investment for 2-300..... You could call HQ and they could tell you if they would have the exact numbers you need after the weekend event..   They do this every year and should know.   HQ number is 972-580-2000   ask for international division.

          Jay   AE4MK

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2001

            3. Make a special event patch. We could incorporate the official JOTA
            design into our patch, if we could get permission form the owner of
            the design.  We will be using K2BSA/9 for our call sign so this could
            be a neat patch.

            I have a photo of a 1981 camporee patch in my JOTA collection. They just added the JOTA initials in the design of the camporee patch....

            It's under my USA patches  at   http://www.1bigred.com/users/jayc/ae4mk/

            Jay
          • Ray Ginter
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 30, 2001
              This is the info on the national BSA page. Can anyone tell me who I make
              the check out to, and where I need to send it to order the patches.

              Thanks
              Ray
              N2ZQF

              Pocket Patches*

              Temporary insignia to wear on the right pocket of the Scout uniform or on
              jackets/vests. are available again for $3.25 each, postpaid. Insignia will
              be available after August 15, 2001, in limited quantity and will not be
              reordered when supplies are exhausted. ORDER EARLY. Allow four weeks for
              delivery on all orders. Pay by check or money order. We cannot accept cash
              or credit cards for payment. All orders must be received by January 31,2002.
            • Jon Pearl W4ABC
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 30, 2001

                Temporary insignia to wear on the right pocket of the Scout uniform or on jackets/vests are available again for $3.25 each, postpaid. Insignia are available in limited quantity only and will not be reordered when supplies are exhausted.

                ORDER EARLY. Allow four weeks for delivery on all orders.
                Pay by check or money order. We cannot accept cash or credit cards for payment. Make check payable to BSA-JOTA.
                Please include YOUR state sales tax on all orders. Any request that is received without state sales tax will be returned.

                1325 West Walnut Hill Lane, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079

                73 - BP

                Jon Pearl W4ABC