Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 199

  • ray@sirois.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2001
      I agree, 45 min is better than less...
      I agree, gotta get them on the air
      ... even if only to tell their name and age.

      With DX stations, the different time
      of day is a big topic of discussion.
      Bring a GLOBE to show where they
      are talking to.

      -Introduce how AR is different from
      CB (phone patch, repeaters, license, modes, max pwr)
      -Introduce how AR is different from
      Internet (non-commercial, no obscenities)
      -Purposes of AR (Int'l Goodwill, Electronics etc)
      -Bring West's and ARRL books to show them
      what to go out and buy at Radio Shack.
      -If Boy Scouts, bring Blue Cards for Radio
      merit badge. Sign them off on those items
      they earned at the station that day.
      - Another Handout Idea:
      http://www.meritbadge.com/files/mb-pdfs/Radio.pdf
      -Your ARRL Section Mgr can get you the ARRL
      handouts.
      - A large bucket of animal crackers comes
      in handy too.

      73 de N1RY - Ray
      WJ0TA(/1)