Re: SCOUTS on APRS

  • Demos Doulou
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 4:57 PM
      Well, at least the TampaBay Igate, KR4US-5 works as advertised

      73

      Demos

      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 7:45 PM
        Yep..

        I have seen Bob's test messages come through the IGATE the past
        few nights! Let's hope we can get more Scouts on APRS!

        Chris
        N4BSA

        Well, at least the TampaBay Igate, KR4US-5 works as advertised

        73

        Demos

        >>I had suggested how any scout anywhere could communicate to any other
        >scout anywhere using APRS and the GROUP call of "SCOUTS". Well I have
        >learned a few things to pass along to you. Yes, it works locally via RF
        >as far as you have digipeaters, but it does not work as well via IGates.
        >
        >1) Not all IGates have the ability to pre-load the SCOUTS Callsign
        > and even if yours does, it wont work unless the SYSOP has added it.

        Looking for a fun, easy way to stay in touch with family members?
        http://www.onelist.com
        Create a ONElist community just for your family!
      • Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 7:05 AM
          Hi all,

          I just want to introduce myself. I just signed up to the list.

          My name is Patrick Wilson and my call is N0PIT. I am the cubmaster for pack
          101 out of Aurora, CO.

          Thanks,
          Patrick