Copied from Scout L list

  • J Clow Sr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2001
      Thought we might send some wisdom on this request

      Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:42:55 -0400
      From: David DiPietro <abacus@...>
      Subject: need help with fm transmitter

      Hi folks,

      I don't remember raising my "volunteer" hand raising again, but somehow I am
      now faced with the task of providing an FM transmitter to broadcast holiday
      music for the annual "Holiday Lights" display that our council puts together
      from Thanksgiving to the New Year. The park is small enough to keep me
      legal in the FCC's eyes. I've checked the web for transmitters and found a
      ton of info, from $39 hobby kits up to thousands. I have no idea what I'm
      looking at when I read the specs. Does anyone have any experience in this
      area that could offer me some advise? We should probably take this off line
      so as not to bore the list. Thanks.

      YiS
      Dave in NJ
    • Larry Acklin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2001
        The ramsey electronics synhesised transmitter is your best bet.  I have a friend that uses one to do exactly what you plan- except in dance halls for instruction/music via walkman radios.  Stereo , too.

        Good luck

        73
        Larry
        KB3CUF
        larrya@...
        Thought we might send some wisdom on this request