re:JOTA 2001

  • Steven Blary
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20, 2001
      Hi Alan and all!

      We are shooting for about 125 scouts this year. So
      far this is what we have lined up:

      4 HF SSB stations
      1 HF PSK31 station
      1 UHF Packet station
      4 VHF FM stations
      2 internet connections for JOTI
      How to be a Ham information exhibit
      Radio Propogation exhibit
      How to view Satellites exhibit
      Equipment display of Boat anchors, homebrew, antique
      3 hurricane briefings by county Emergency Operating
      Center Staff
      Small group tours of 911 call center
      Floating Flagpole pioneering project for antennas
      Bulleton Board pioneering project for US and World
      maps to pin point contacts
      ARES CAT trailer
      plenty of code oscillators
      We might also have an ATV and Satellite station too!

      Locally we will be operating out of Martin County's
      Emergency Operations Center from 9 am to 4 pm eastern
      on October 20th. Please visit our JOTA website at
      http://www.geocites.com/sblary/jota.htm

      I've received the new updated cards from Irving
      already but you're right that the web has yet to be
      updated. I did receive an updated hardcopy of the
      information by request from national.

      73's and YiS,
      Steve Blary, KD4LIV
      Sailfish District JOTA Chairperson