JOTA 2001

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2001
      Don't forget!!!!!!!!!
      Jota 2001 will be held on October 19-21. If you are thinking about a medium
      size JOTA event (50-200 scouts) now is a great time to start planning if you
      haven't already started. Of course I start planning when I go back to school
      but I guess that is what happens when it take several weeks to get back into
      the non-scouting world from the Jamboree.

      I am curious about what equipment, demonstrations, and classes some groups
      are putting together. So I pose the question what are you doing for JOTA
      this year?

      Surfing the net I have found that BSA hasn't updated it's JOTA page for 2001
      so no new patch or participation cards yet.
      http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

      Does anyone know of any changes in JOTA since last year?

      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
      Greater Pittsburgh Council
      Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>===>===> |
      Poam Aptonen
      3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop 525
      Contingent Hometown News Correspondent Coordinator
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
      JOTA Committee Chair
      Junior Robert Morris College/University
      BS Information Science
    • Steven Blary
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 20, 2001
        Hi Alan and all!

        We are shooting for about 125 scouts this year. So
        far this is what we have lined up:

        4 HF SSB stations
        1 HF PSK31 station
        1 70cm Packet station
        4 VHF FM stations
        2 internet connections for JOTI
        How to be a Ham information exhibit
        Radio Propogation exhibit
        How to view Satellites exhibit
        Equipment display of Boat anchors, homebrew, antique
        3 hurricane preparadness briefings by county Emergency
        Operating Center Staff
        Small group tours of 911 call center
        Floating Flagpole pioneering project for antennas
        Bulleton Board pioneering project for US and World
        maps to pin point contacts
        ARES CAT trailer
        plenty of code oscillators
        We might also have an ATV and Satellite station too!

        Locally we will be operating out of Martin County's
        Emergency Operations Center from 9 am to 4 pm eastern
        on October 20th. Please visit our JOTA website at
        http://www.geocites.com/sblary/jota.htm

        I've received the new updated cards from Irving
        already but you're right that the web has yet to be
        updated. I did receive an updated hardcopy of the
        information by request from national.

        73's and YiS,
        Steve Blary, KD4LIV
        Sailfish District JOTA Chairperson
        Gulfstream Council
        Stuart, FL

        =====
        Pack 888 Calendar

        http://calendar.yahoo.com/public/sblary

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Steven Blary
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 20, 2001
          Hi Alan and all!

          We are shooting for about 125 scouts this year. So
          far this is what we have lined up:

          4 HF SSB stations
          1 HF PSK31 station
          1 UHF Packet station
          4 VHF FM stations
          2 internet connections for JOTI
          How to be a Ham information exhibit
          Radio Propogation exhibit
          How to view Satellites exhibit
          Equipment display of Boat anchors, homebrew, antique
          3 hurricane briefings by county Emergency Operating