HamGuide: A Beginner's Guide to Amateur Radio
- View SourceHamGuide: A Beginner's Guide to Amateur RadioIntroducing a new web site http://www.qsl.net/hamguide/ for newcomers to Amateur Radio. Whether you are a newly licensed ham or just thinking about getting that first license there is useful content here for you. Some of the content you will find includes:
In addition you will find information on
- What is Amateur Radio?
- Amateur Radio Activities
- How to get licensed in Canada and the U.S.
- How to get started operating phone and CW
- Operating various modes from SSB to IRLP
and much more.Because there is so much information on the Internet that support Amateur Radio links are provided to established sites that expand on what is provided here on HamGuide. So come here for the introduction and as you need more you are given the appropriate direction.Clubs and Webmasters: Add HamGuide to your club web site. Instructions are provided on the first page of http://www.qsl.net/hamguide/Sample Links: Check out the ODXA web site at http://www.odxa.on.ca/ and the Peel Amateur Radio Club site at http://www.peelarc.org/ to see two ways that HamGuide has been linked to their sites.Under Construction: While HamGuide is a complete site, it is new, and no doubt there will be many updates to it as time permits. Your feedback and comments are welcome.73,Don Cassel VE3BUC
- QSLing, QSL bureaus and eQSLs.
- How to make propagation work for you
- Special Events