Lightning

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2001
      Well someone asked about lightning detectors. Well go to
      http://www.boltek.com/ and see how it works.

      Well I would have liked to use it during the Jamboree on the stormy
      Thursday. Those scouts got hit about 200 yard across the road from my tent
      in subcamp 5. I was very nervous about the lighting since I had a 2m ground
      plane strapped to my tent. One troop in my contingent pushed their grounded
      aluminum gateway over to make it a smaller target and scouts were move from
      tents beneath a large tree. Not much for us to do in a large open area. Nice
      to have Ham Radio and K2BSA at that time.

      66 days till JOTA 2001

      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
      Greater Pittsburgh Council
      Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>===>===> |
      Poam Aptonen
      3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop 525
      Hometown News Correspondent Coordinator
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
      JOTA Committee Chair