Re: [scoutradio] 20m at Yawgoog Scout Reservation

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2001
      I'm surprised Ed.  We worked 83 stations while at summer camp for the week.  We usually make between 25 and 50 on the weekends from camp also.  Everyone that we talk to on the air always seem interested in talking to the Scouts.  I am very surprised in the results that you had.

      73, Rick WB3BSA

      Ed wrote:

       Last tuesday I (N1YLN) set up my Icom 725 at Camp Sandy Beach in
      Yawgoog.  Bringing my HF rig was a spur of the moment decision, about
      20 mins before I left!  We only made 4 contacts (It seemed nobody was
      interested in talking to kids), BUT 2 scouts gave me blue cards to
      start the Radio merit badge with them!  I guess The OMs in Nova
      Scotia, and MO, and NM were all it took!

      Ed  N1YLN

    • Bill Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2001
        Yeah, i'm surprised as well. My Venturing Crew can set up just about anywhere and get somebody willing to talk to us. Often, a DX'er will be on 20m and when he hears the kids on, he'll call 'em back just to give 'em a thrill. After that we usually get 'em hook, line and sinker.

        73, Bill, W2BSA