Free software for logging JOTA contacts

  • Raymond Knapp Jr
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013

      Hi all

      What software are stations using to record the JOTA contacts?  I am need to do something to keep track of all of the contacts.

      Ray Knapp

      WA2GTM

    • barry whittemore
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
        KB1NH will be using N1MM logger. It is freeware developped for contesting but includes a general log function.
        I have been using it as my dayly logger for years.
        Barry
        NF1O

        To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
          Hi Ray,
          At Gilwell Park,  GB2GP, we're using Ham Radio Deluxe on all the machines, all linked to a central HRD logbook. After the event this allows me to analyse the contacts made by country, locator square etc... I use some of the user defined fields to record Scout details of the station at the other end... If we remember to log in correctly when we start a spell of operating (we have about 10 operators!) then the log also records who made the contact at our end as well...

          Hope this helps... do look out for us on the bands - we should be a reasonable signal!  ;-)

          Best regards
          Frank , M0AEU
          JOTA/JOTI @ Gilwell Park Activity Centre  2013 - GB2GP
          www.gb2gp.org.uk

          On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Raymond Knapp Jr <rlknappjr@...> wrote:

          Hi all

          What software are stations using to record the JOTA contacts?  I am need to do something to keep track of all of the contacts.

          Ray Knapp

          WA2GTM

        • Marc Elvery
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
            Version 6 is paid version (trial available)

            Greetings,

            Marc, PE2DOC

            P.S. I will be online/onair as PA75WDZ from JO21IT during JOTA-JOTI

            Op 15 okt. 2013, om 17:48 heeft Frank Heritage <frank@...> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

          • Tom LeClerc W1TJL
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
              Use N1MM Contest software and use the DXPedition mode.  Keeps the calls and other eertinent info, is fast and can be exported via several file formats for either QSL card or other logger import.

              And it's FREE!  :-)

              73, Tom W1TJL
              Wood Badge Eagle Patrol

              On 10/15/2013 11:41 AM, Raymond Knapp Jr wrote:

              Hi all

              What software are stations using to record the JOTA contacts?  I am need to do something to keep track of all of the contacts.

              Ray Knapp

              WA2GTM

            • Filipe Bassetto
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
                Hi

                I'm using 2 diferent softwares to Log.

                In the OSX RUMLOG
                In the Winsdow N1MM or Wintest (50,00 Euros)

                73's

                PY2TDX

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
                  Hi Marc,
                  Yes, I use version 5... it does everything I need! Although there is the trial avaialble for 6, I don't want to end up with files I can't use once the trial ends, and I'm not about to spend the money on 6 copies of Version 6 for all our radio positions at JOTA... I don't knoiw if there is a multi station version, but I;ve certainly not seen one!

                  As I said... V5 does everything I need and never had any issues with it!

                  Hope to see you over JOTA!
                  73
                  De Frank M0AEU,
                  GB2GP - Gilwell Park Scout Activity Centre JOTA 2013
                  www.gb2gp.org.uk