K2BSA/5 for JOTA 2013 at National Scouting Museum, Irving TX

  • n5hyp
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013

      K2BSA/5 will again be active for the 2013 JOTA from the National Scouting Museum in Irving, TX.  Hours will be from 1500Z through 2200Z on 19 October.  We will have HF phone, HF PSK31 Local VHF/UHF radio as well as Echolink and IRLP capabilities.

      We will be using the following Echolink nodes on computer/tablet;

      KF5UOG - 858859  (David)

      KF5UOH - 845734 (Stephen)

       We will also be open to connections via the WA5CKF-R Echolink node at 634042.

      IRLP will be through local  repeaters with node 3695.  We will be monitoring the IRLP Topic Channel at 9091 and will also monitor the status of IRLP reflector 9451, the Dallas Reflector channel 1.

      We also hope to make contacts on several satellite passes throughout the day.

       A special activity for this year is a JOTA information Scavenger Hunt.  Scouts will through their activities throughout the day, be able to earn a commemorative patch.

      Looking forward to seeing and hearing you on the bands.

      Contact me at n5hyp@... direct to set up schedules, not the yahoo address above.

      73 de Tom, N5HYP

      Irving Amateur Radio Club ScoutRadio coordinator