VHF/UHF at the Summit

  • wb2boo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013
      Hi Guys!

      I'm just back from a successful BSA booth in the ARRL Expo at the Dayton Hamvention promoting Radio Merit Badge and JOTA to the ham community. In addition, the K2BSA staff did a "shake down" of the new Icom equipment at Miami Valley Council's nearby "Cricket Holler" training center near Dayton.

      In addition to K6KN's excellent description of the expected 2013 BSA National Jamboree EchoLink connectivity (repeated below), the Summit's analog and D-Star repeater frequencies were announced. So you can start programming your HT's now. They are:

      Repeater Input Output Tone
      2 m Analog 146.100 MHz 146.700 MHz 123.0 Hz
      70 cm Analog 449.025 MHz 444.025 MHz 123.0 Hz
      70 cm D-Star 446.8125 MHz 441.8125 MHz

      The callsign for the permanent Summit repeaters themselves is WV8BSA, so if you have a D-Star Radio at home, you should be able connect to the Summit's D-Star Repeater using "WV8BSA" . I'm not certain if the repeaters are active yet, but you can certainly begin programming your own radios now. And thanks once again to Icom for their donation of these repeaters!

      Watch www.k2BSA.net and "like" K2BSA on Facebook for more details.

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW

      --------------------------------
      K2BSA is now active on EchoLink as node 4566!

      You may connect using the free EchoLink software via computer, iPad, iPhone and
      Android devices. To contact by RF, locate your nearest EchoLink supporting
      repeater and key in 4566. No mess, no registration, just use an HT. It is that
      simple! Key 73 to disconnect.

      This service is being refined through several steps leading to test operation at
      the Dayton Hamvention May 15 through May 18.

      The K2BSA-R node is linked to Conference *JOTA-365* so you may access at either
      address. Ultimately, K2BSA-R will be active for about ten days during the BSA
      National Jamboree 2013 at the Bechtel Scout Summit in late July, 2013. This
      allows reliable, world-wide ham connections the to the US Jamboree 2013.

      I am monitoring the node to assist. Any questions? Bill Ragsdale K6KN