Re: Photon III

  • kr1zan@arrl.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
      Too bad. I, for one, appreciated the postings. They came at a
      perfect time when our crew (Venturer Crew 73) needed that sort of
      lighting for an astronomy outing.

      73 to all on ScoutRadio,
      de Frank KR1ZAN
      Advisor, Venturer Crew 73
      Richardson, TX
      Circle Ten Council - BSA

      --- In scoutradio@y..., "Jon Pearl W4ABC" <w4abc@g...> wrote:
      > Richard joined us on 6-21-01. His first posting was three minutes
      later.
      > It too was an advertisement for L.E.D. flashlights. One month
      later...
      > another posting of the same ilk.
      >
      > Richard's preference for email message reception: NONE
      >
      > I think you all can see where we're going with this.
      >
      > Notes from the ScoutRadio 'Activity' listing:
      > via web
      >
      > Sorry to bother you all, but I got a couple emails from folks who
      didn't
      > care for the flashlight SPAM.
      >
      > 73 - BP
      >
      > Jon Pearl W4ABC

    • Jon Pearl W4ABC
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
        I can see your point too Frank.

        I've got a few L.E.D. flashlight listings that may suffice.

        The difference is... I didn't nest here just to sell you something!

        Here goes:

        http://www.glow-bug.com/main.html
        A great site for comparison shopping

        http://www.hdssystems.com/
        Big bux professional L.E.D. lighting

        http://www.lightechnology.com/index.htm
        A perennial favorite at many a camporee

        http://www.ccrane.com/
        A wide variety of lights and other neato stuff.

        Yours in Scouting...

        Jon

        > Too bad. I, for one, appreciated the postings. They came at a
        > perfect time when our crew (Venturer Crew 73) needed that sort of
        > lighting for an astronomy outing.
        >
        > 73 to all on ScoutRadio,
        > de Frank KR1ZAN
        > Advisor, Venturer Crew 73
        > Richardson, TX
        > Circle Ten Council - BSA
      • Bill Stewart
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 26, 2001
          I see both points. Since the guy wasn't receiving any emails, it seems pretty obvious to me what his intentions were.

          Bill Stewart, Venturing Crew 80, W2BSA

          > Too bad.  I, for one, appreciated the postings.  They came at a
          > perfect time when our crew (Venturer Crew 73) needed that sort of
          > lighting for an astronomy outing.
          >
          > 73 to all on ScoutRadio,
          > de Frank KR1ZAN
          > Advisor, Venturer Crew 73
          > Richardson, TX
          > Circle Ten Council - BSA

        • Dave Deutsch
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 27, 2001
            --- In scoutradio@y..., "Bill " wrote:
            > Since the guy wasn't receiving any emails <

            Be careful in generalizing & I'm not pointing fingers but several of you
            mentioned that not receiving emails was specious. I am also set to no
            mail because I belong to several groups & I don't want to flood my mail
            box so I log on to read the mail when I get a chance at my leasure.

            If it's the ads you don't like then state that in sign-on specs as a house
            rule.

            Dave (KA9KNA)............