History Of Scouting Trail (HOST) Ham radio and Electric Vehicle Reenactment

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 12:28 PM

      > the HOST Committee is looking for 3 ham stations

      > for the Memorial Day Inaugural of the trail.

      Does one of the hikes go through Rock Creek Park where 50 Electric and Solar powered cars will reenact the 1914 "EV Social Run" on Monday the 27th?.  I am hoping to be there with my Solar powered car and Solar powered trailer for operating a ham station.  But I cannot find from the HOST web pages where the actual HOST hikes are taking place:

      http://evadc.org/2013/04/23/hundreds-of-electric-vehicles-on-the-streets-of-dc-100-years-ago/

      If the paths cross, then I can kill 2 birds with one appearance.

      Here is my typical set up (while parked and operating)

      http://aprs.org/prius/trailer/trailer-and-car-rear-upX.JPG

      Or see this link for Field-Day configuration and scouting:

      http://aprs.org/FD-Prius-Power.html

      Bob, WB4APR