MA scout radio

  • barry whittemore
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2013
      Hi,
      I was approached by the WRTC 2014 folks and asked if i knew someone that could/would take charge to find several scout trrops to help out with the project. Being from a NH council i told him i would make a request here to see if there was someone in the MA councils that may help out.

      It is my understanding that they would like to have scouts help in setup, area maintenance and teardown. they also would like to have someone offer radio merit badge during the event if possible.

      Other than service hours, i am not sure of what other benefits will be offered to the scouts but it will be an opportunity for them to meet and observe some of the worlds top radio sport operators.

      info on the event is here http://www.wrtc2014.org/ including contact info etc.

      i believe that all of the sites will be in eastern MA.

      Barry Whittemore
      NF1O/KB1NH