Re: [ScoutRadio] Scoutfest 2013

  • Dale Lamm
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23 6:37 PM
      [snip]

      To those stations that were trying to make contact I say, thanks. I am
      sorry we were not able to log more.

      [end]

      Matt, sorry we could not complete the QSO Saturday on 40 meters. Our Troop
      was camping at a rifle range and there was a shortage of tall trees. I set
      up a full wave loop and hung it as a circle just a few feet off the ground,
      hoping to do the NVIS thing. Our stations were perhaps 75 miles apart.

      No antenna tuner on hand, thought the resonant loop would eliminate that
      need. Pretty poor VSWR on our end.

      Heard you loud and clear though!

      In spite of a cool weekend, we had a great time, and it sounds like your
      Scouts did also.

      73 de Dale