Scoutfest 2013

  • web8ck
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2013
      All,
      Scoutfest 2013 is now over. The demo station was a big success. We had echolink, satellite, several digital modes, ATV, messaging, QRP, and Foxhunting represented. The biggest hit was the foxhunting! Everyone built the tape measure antenna and used them to locate the fox. Several did. Most did not, but they had fun either way.

      The K2BSA/8 Special event station was in operation, sort of. I found out that my operators didn't understand that they need to call for contacts and not wait for a call. I received several texts asking for freq. and such. I now know to have an experienced special event team or operating class before the event. To those stations that were trying to make contact I say, thanks. I am sorry we were not able to log more.

      I will post some pictures when I can. Thanks to all that tried.

      Matt, kc8bew
    • Dale Lamm
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2013
        [snip]

        To those stations that were trying to make contact I say, thanks. I am
        sorry we were not able to log more.

        [end]

        Matt, sorry we could not complete the QSO Saturday on 40 meters. Our Troop
        was camping at a rifle range and there was a shortage of tall trees. I set
        up a full wave loop and hung it as a circle just a few feet off the ground,
        hoping to do the NVIS thing. Our stations were perhaps 75 miles apart.

        No antenna tuner on hand, thought the resonant loop would eliminate that
        need. Pretty poor VSWR on our end.

        Heard you loud and clear though!

        In spite of a cool weekend, we had a great time, and it sounds like your
        Scouts did also.

        73 de Dale