Photon III

  • Richard Maher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25 5:10 PM
      The new Photon III is out! It is water resistant with the added
      functions of 3 levels of brightness, 3 levels of strobe, and a 1
      minute auto shutoff. Red, orange and yellow have a continuous battery
      life of 120 hours, the LED bulb will never burn out, and it comes
      with a lifetime warranty, batteries and a key-ring. Photons weigh
      just 6 grams, fit under a quarter and can be seen for over a mile.
      Used by NASA. Rich www.photonmicro.com
    • Jon Pearl W4ABC
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25 8:01 PM
        Richard joined us on 6-21-01. His first posting was three minutes later.
        It too was an advertisement for L.E.D. flashlights. One month later...
        another posting of the same ilk.

        Richard's preference for email message reception: NONE

        I think you all can see where we're going with this.

        Notes from the ScoutRadio 'Activity' listing:
        via web

        Sorry to bother you all, but I got a couple emails from folks who didn't
        care for the flashlight SPAM.

        73 - BP

        Jon Pearl W4ABC

      • kr1zan@arrl.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25 8:34 PM
          Too bad. I, for one, appreciated the postings. They came at a
          perfect time when our crew (Venturer Crew 73) needed that sort of
          lighting for an astronomy outing.

          73 to all on ScoutRadio,
          de Frank KR1ZAN
          Advisor, Venturer Crew 73
          Richardson, TX
          Circle Ten Council - BSA

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25 9:19 PM
            I can see your point too Frank.

            I've got a few L.E.D. flashlight listings that may suffice.

            The difference is... I didn't nest here just to sell you something!

            Here goes:

            http://www.glow-bug.com/main.html
            A great site for comparison shopping

            http://www.hdssystems.com/
            Big bux professional L.E.D. lighting

            http://www.lightechnology.com/index.htm
            A perennial favorite at many a camporee

            http://www.ccrane.com/
            A wide variety of lights and other neato stuff.

            Yours in Scouting...

            Jon

            > Too bad. I, for one, appreciated the postings. They came at a
            > perfect time when our crew (Venturer Crew 73) needed that sort of
            > lighting for an astronomy outing.
            >
            > 73 to all on ScoutRadio,
            > de Frank KR1ZAN
            > Advisor, Venturer Crew 73
            > Richardson, TX
            > Circle Ten Council - BSA
          • Bill Stewart
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 26 2:21 AM
              I see both points. Since the guy wasn't receiving any emails, it seems pretty obvious to me what his intentions were.

              Bill Stewart, Venturing Crew 80, W2BSA

              > Too bad.  I, for one, appreciated the postings.  They came at a
              > perfect time when our crew (Venturer Crew 73) needed that sort of
              > lighting for an astronomy outing.
              >
              > 73 to all on ScoutRadio,
              > de Frank KR1ZAN
              > Advisor, Venturer Crew 73
              > Richardson, TX
              > Circle Ten Council - BSA

            • Dave Deutsch
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 27 10:15 AM
                --- In scoutradio@y..., "Bill " wrote:
                > Since the guy wasn't receiving any emails <

                Be careful in generalizing & I'm not pointing fingers but several of you
                mentioned that not receiving emails was specious. I am also set to no
                mail because I belong to several groups & I don't want to flood my mail
                box so I log on to read the mail when I get a chance at my leasure.

                If it's the ads you don't like then state that in sign-on specs as a house
                rule.

                Dave (KA9KNA)............