Echolink K2BSA-R up

  • bill_ragsdale
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13 10:55 AM
      K2BSA is now active on EchoLink as node 4566!

      You may connect using the free EchoLink software via computer, iPad, iPhone and Android devices. To contact by RF, locate your nearest EchoLink supporting repeater and key in 4566. No mess, no registration, just use an HT. It is that simple! Key 73 to disconnect.

      This service is being refined through several steps leading to test operation at the Dayton Hamvention May 15 through May 18.

      The K2BSA-R node is linked to Conference *JOTA-365* so you may access at either address. Ultimately, K2BSA-R will be active for about ten days during the BSA National Jamboree 2013 at the Bechtel Scout Summit in late July, 2013. This allows reliable, world-wide ham connections the to the US Jamboree 2013.

      I am monitoring the node to assist. Any questions? Bill Ragsdale K6KN
    • Nathaniel A. Frissell
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15 8:08 AM
        Hi, everyone.

        I just wanted to let everyone know that there is going to be a collegiate/young adult dinner at the Dayton Hamvention this year.  As many people on this list are or are connected with college and young adult hams, I thought this would a good place to share this information.  So, if you or anyone you know is interested, please come and join us!

        73 es YIS,
        Nathaniel, W2NAF
        Virginia Tech ARA
        K2BSA 2013 National Scout Jamboree Staff Member

        ------------------
        Collegiate/Young Adult Dayton Ham Radio Dinner

        Calling all Collegiate and Young Adult Hams!  Come to the Little York Tavern & Pizza on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 7 PM to have meet and have dinner with other hams like you.  Little York Tavern is located at 4120 Little York Road, Vandalia, OH, 45414.  Do you have questions?  Feel free to contact Nathaniel Frissell, W2NAF, at nafrissell@....  RSVPs are welcomed but not required.  This dinner is being hosted by the ARRL Committee for Youth in the Second Century and the Virginia Tech Amateur Radio Association, K4KDJ.
      • Don Kunst
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18 10:25 AM
          Is the same as the youthdinner in past years?

          Don Kunst W3LNE

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 18 11:59 AM
            Hi, Don.

            No, this is different because it is for "older" young hams... college
            age and up.

            The youth dinner is on Saturday, and that is going to cater more toward
            elementary-high school.

            73,
            Nathaniel, W2NAF