Re: [ScoutRadio] Amateur Radio Operator Rating Strip

  • Michael Stephan
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2013
      Got as call my order came in to the scout shop Friday. Problem was they only ordered 1 and I asked for 2. So they will place an order for the other one. I assume they do not plan to stock these as there probably won't be a major call for them.

      KB9MDQ

      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      From: javier@...
      Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:17:48 -0500
      Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] Amateur Radio Operator Rating Strip
      Good morning Leland,

      Rue Stuteville here I served on K2BSA staff with you last Jamboree. If you can't get the strip, let me know I ordered 6 from national got them within 5 days

      I will send you 2 till you get yours. Let me know will be in the mail today.

      73Rue W4RUE

      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM, n5dgh <n5dgh@...> wrote:
      These are indeed on backorder.  I need help!  Would someone consider loaning me one or two of these whilst awaiting my backorder so that myself and my cohort Scott Johnson KD5MHM may be in proper uniform for our ARRL WGD WTX Section Convention and Radio Merit Badge class we have put together for 15-16 March in Midland, TX in conjunction with the Midland Hamfest, just prior to the backorder ship date.  This would only put you out about a month and better promote Amateur Radio at a reasonably attended BSA and ARRL event.

      I was at the Occoneechee Council store earlier today, and got my morse code and amateur radio strips. They seemed to have a fair number of both in stock, maybe give them a call to see if they will mail you a couple? They're small and light, they could just stuff a few in a regular letter sized envelope and send it first class for just one unit of postage.

      If they won't send them, contact me off list, and if I can swing by the store in the next couple of days I'll be glad to pick you up a couple and send them.

      73,
      -jav k4jh