Amateur Radio Operator Rating Strip

  • n5dgh
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013
      These are indeed on backorder. I need help! Would someone consider loaning me one or two of these whilst awaiting my backorder so that myself and my cohort Scott Johnson KD5MHM may be in proper uniform for our ARRL WGD WTX Section Convention and Radio Merit Badge class we have put together for 15-16 March in Midland, TX in conjunction with the Midland Hamfest, just prior to the backorder ship date. This would only put you out about a month and better promote Amateur Radio at a reasonably attended BSA and ARRL event.
      Thanks,
      Leland / Scott
    • Javier Henderson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013

        On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM, n5dgh <n5dgh@...> wrote:
        These are indeed on backorder.  I need help!  Would someone consider loaning me one or two of these whilst awaiting my backorder so that myself and my cohort Scott Johnson KD5MHM may be in proper uniform for our ARRL WGD WTX Section Convention and Radio Merit Badge class we have put together for 15-16 March in Midland, TX in conjunction with the Midland Hamfest, just prior to the backorder ship date.  This would only put you out about a month and better promote Amateur Radio at a reasonably attended BSA and ARRL event.

        I was at the Occoneechee Council store earlier today, and got my morse code and amateur radio strips. They seemed to have a fair number of both in stock, maybe give them a call to see if they will mail you a couple? They're small and light, they could just stuff a few in a regular letter sized envelope and send it first class for just one unit of postage.

        If they won't send them, contact me off list, and if I can swing by the store in the next couple of days I'll be glad to pick you up a couple and send them.

        73,
        -jav k4jh

      • n5dgh
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013
          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Javier Henderson <javier@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM, n5dgh <n5dgh@...> wrote:
          >
          > > These are indeed on backorder. I need help! Would someone consider
          > > loaning me one or two of these whilst awaiting my backorder so that myself
          > > and my cohort Scott Johnson KD5MHM may be in proper uniform for our ARRL
          > > WGD WTX Section Convention and Radio Merit Badge class we have put together
          > > for 15-16 March in Midland, TX in conjunction with the Midland Hamfest,
          > > just prior to the backorder ship date. This would only put you out about a
          > > month and better promote Amateur Radio at a reasonably attended BSA and
          > > ARRL event.
          > >

          > I was at the Occoneechee Council store earlier today, and got my morse code
          > and amateur radio strips. They seemed to have a fair number of both in
          > stock, maybe give them a call to see if they will mail you a couple?
          > They're small and light, they could just stuff a few in a regular letter
          > sized envelope and send it first class for just one unit of postage.
          >
          > http://ocscouts.org/
          >
          > If they won't send them, contact me off list, and if I can swing by the
          > store in the next couple of days I'll be glad to pick you up a couple and
          > send them.
          >
          > 73,
          > -jav k4jh

          Thanks Javier,
          I have already been contacted by someone in my same state that has a couple of strips dropped in the mail to us.
          Thanks all!
          73
        • rue stuteville
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013

            To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
            From: javier@...
            Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:17:48 -0500
            Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] Amateur Radio Operator Rating Strip
            Good morning Leland,

            Rue Stuteville here I served on K2BSA staff with you last Jamboree. If you can't get the strip, let me know I ordered 6 from national got them within 5 days

            I will send you 2 till you get yours. Let me know will be in the mail today.

            73Rue W4RUE

[...]

          • Jim Rooney
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013
              Would any Venturers out there be interested in getting the "Amateur Radio Operator Rating Strip" in Venturing green?  Imagine skill strip with a Venturing green background and border and white lettering:

              Please email me offline.  Thanks!
            • Dale Lamm
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
                Jim,  Couldn't see an offline address, but YES, would be interested in a half-dozen or so operator strips in Venturing green.

                73 Dale de NX8J

                Would any Venturers out there be interested in getting the "Amateur Radio Operator Rating Strip" in Venturing green?  Imagine skill strip with a Venturing green background and border and white lettering:

                Please email me offline.  Thanks!

              • Michael Stephan
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3, 2013
                  Got as call my order came in to the scout shop Friday. Problem was they only ordered 1 and I asked for 2. So they will place an order for the other one. I assume they do not plan to stock these as there probably won't be a major call for them.

                  KB9MDQ

                  To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com