Radiogram to Jamboree participants?

  • Jeff Burns
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2001
      I know that the K2BSA/4 station at the National Jamboree will be
      handling messages from the NTS. Is it appropriate to send messages to
      Jamboree participants?

      I am thinking of contacting one or two local people in town and see if
      they would like to send a Radiogram to someone at the Jamboree. For
      instance, I am a Commissioner for a small troop with one or two boys
      attending the Jamboree. I taught the Scoutmaster might like to send a
      message to his scouts. Is this type of messages appropriate, or do they
      just make extra work for the Jamboree staff?

      AD9T - Jeff Burns

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • James Woodson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2001
        I would like to know also. I would like to send a message to my son at Jambo.
        Jim Woodson / KE4INM

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2001
          If you go the K2BSA Ham Radio at the 2001 BSA National Jamboree web site:
          http://www.lightlink.com/bbm/k2bsa.html
          There is a paragraph "Formal NTS traffic "  and how to send it.

          Don N9IHW
          "Retired" SM - Troop 309
          Lake Zurich, IL

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2001
            It is quite appropriate. The kids will get a kick out of it.

            Bill Stewart, W2BSA