Re: [ScoutRadio] My Radio Merit Badge Schedule

  • Bill Stewart
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2013
      Here it is. Notice it is over 4 weekends with a test make-up the week after the end of the class at the normal Laurel Amateur Radio Club VE session run by the Mount Vernon Amateur Radio Club Team.

      January 12, 19, 26, and February 2, 2013

      Read Ahead Week # 2 - Ham Radio License Manual - Chapters 1, 7, 8, 9, 2, 4

      Assignment:Week # 3 - Ham Radio License Manual - Chapters 5, 3, 6,

                          Week # 4 - Ham Radio License Manual - Chapters

      FourSuccessive Saturdays in January and February 2013:

      Week 1 - January 12    3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Orientation and Study Materials Distribution)

      Week 2 - January 19    9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Instruction)

      Week 3 - January 26    9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Instruction)

      Week 4 - February 2     9:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Instruction, Review and Exam)

      February 9   9:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Make-up Exam)

      Day 1 - Introductions
      Course Overview
      What to prepare for next week
      Day 2
      Chapter 3  Basic Electricity -
      Electrical Principles
      Components & Units

      Chapter 2 - Radio and Signals and waves -
      Modulation -
      Types of Radios -

      Chapter 3.3 Basic Types of: Radios, Equipment, Equipment Definitions
      Day 3

      Chapter 4 - Propagation -
      How signals travel
      Antenna Basics -  -
      Feed Lines -
      What is SWR -
      Repeater -
      Digital Modes -
      Chapter 5 - Equipment -
      Rx Tx Xcvr
      Power Supplies -
      HT RFI

      Chapter 6 - Communicating with other hams - RST
      Day 4
      Emergency Comms -
      Special Modes

      Chapter 7
      Licensing Regulations
      Licensing Terms -
      Working with the FCC -
      Bands and Privileges -
      International Rules -
      Call Signs -

      Chapter 8
      Operating Regulations
      Control Operators
      Interference -
      Third - Party Communications
      Remote and Automatic Operation
      Prohibited transmissions -

      Chapter 9
      Electrical and RF Safety -
      RF Exposure -
      VE Exam session
      Normal VE session, one week later at the same place

      On 2/6/2013 08:26, Albert Furlow wrote:

      can you share your syllabus?

      AL KA1FFO
      T 119 BAC