Re: [ScoutRadio] My Radio Merit Badge Schedule

  • rahwayflynn
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2013
      If your in southern NJ and teaching radio merit badge or a license course:

      The N2MO station and classroom are available for use.

      See www.infoage.org and click on the exhibit tab, then OMARC.

      73 Martin Flynn
      W2RWJ

      From: Albert Furlow <albeham@...>
      Sender: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 05:26:48 -0800 (PST)
      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com<ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] My Radio Merit Badge Schedule

      Bill,

      can you share your syllabus?

      AL KA1FFO
      T 119 BAC

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2013
        Here it is. Notice it is over 4 weekends with a test make-up the week after the end of the class at the normal Laurel Amateur Radio Club VE session run by the Mount Vernon Amateur Radio Club Team.

        January 12, 19, 26, and February 2, 2013

        Read Ahead Week # 2 - Ham Radio License Manual - Chapters 1, 7, 8, 9, 2, 4

        Assignment:Week # 3 - Ham Radio License Manual - Chapters 5, 3, 6,

                            Week # 4 - Ham Radio License Manual - Chapters

        FourSuccessive Saturdays in January and February 2013:

        Week 1 - January 12    3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Orientation and Study Materials Distribution)

        Week 2 - January 19    9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Instruction)

        Week 3 - January 26    9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Instruction)

        Week 4 - February 2     9:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Instruction, Review and Exam)

        February 9   9:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Make-up Exam)

        Day 1 - Introductions
        Course Overview
        What to prepare for next week
        Day 2
        Chapter 3  Basic Electricity -
        Electrical Principles
        Components & Units
        Circuits

        Chapter 2 - Radio and Signals and waves -
        Modulation -
        Types of Radios -

        Chapter 3.3 Basic Types of: Radios, Equipment, Equipment Definitions
        Day 3

        Chapter 4 - Propagation -
        How signals travel
        Antenna Basics -  -
        Feed Lines -
        What is SWR -
        Repeater -
        Digital Modes -
        Chapter 5 - Equipment -
        Rx Tx Xcvr
        Power Supplies -
        HT RFI

        Chapter 6 - Communicating with other hams - RST
        Nets
        Day 4
        Emergency Comms -
        Special Modes

        Chapter 7
        Licensing Regulations
        Licensing Terms -
        Working with the FCC -
        Bands and Privileges -
        International Rules -
        Call Signs -

        Chapter 8
        Operating Regulations
        Control Operators
        Identification
        Interference -
        Third - Party Communications
        Remote and Automatic Operation
        Prohibited transmissions -

        Chapter 9
        Electrical and RF Safety -
        RF Exposure -
        Mechanical
        VE Exam session
        Normal VE session, one week later at the same place

        Bill

        --
        Walter Underwood
        Venture ASM