Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Ice Breakers: Radio Merit Badge

  • Dave Greig
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5 1:30 PM
      I have been a lurker for a couple months and I want to thank you all for this group. I taught a very successful Radio Merit Badge class on Saturday my best in 10 years. And it was all due to some the ice breakers and other info I picked up here.

      Here's an ATTA Boy or (Girl) to the group

      Thank You!
      Dave Greig N3BUO

      On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM, James Luhn <luhn@...> wrote:

      Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
      -james

    • n5hyp
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5 6:16 PM
        Just a quick but fun ice breaker at the beginning of each class. I hand out a bag of ping pong balls. Each Scouts gets a few, and I tell them that they should spend the next minute throwing some of them directly to eachother, some scoot across the floor and some bouncing them off the ceiling. They have never been in a class where they are told to randomly throw stuff around the roon. I then tell them that just like all those balls flying around the room, radio and electromagnetic waves are everywhere. When we get to the part on direct wave, sky wave and ground wave propagation, I can refer back to the ping pong balls.

        73, Tom, N5HYP.
      • cheryl_beuning
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6 8:36 AM
          NICE one!