Jamboree

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2001
      Hi Brian and everyone on the list.

      I was wondering when this list was going to come to life. I will see you
      there Brian. I am going as a 3 ASM Tr 525. I also will be stopping by the
      station a few times to help you guys out. Although I wanted to come to the
      Jambo as a General it seems that the last 2 month working and preparing for
      the Jambo (both at the Troop level and at council*) I didn't get the CW
      down. So hopefully I can study (CW, I got the written done) and get to the
      VEC at the Jambo.

      Questions?
      Do you know where the station/VEC is located at? I know where it was in 97.
      Any word if the ISS contact is telebridged?
      When will K2BSA activate?
      Brian when are you leaving NM?

      My view......
      I will be installing a 1/4 ground plane on my tent to better improve signal
      strength on repeater/simplex. Add a complex battery charging system, an
      Arrow Antenna, 2 HTs, a brother(KB3GIJ), and 300+ hams on site I am ready to
      radio and jamboree.

      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
      Greater Pittsburgh Council
      Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>===>===> |
      Poam Aptonen
      3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop 525
      Hometown News Correspondent Coordinator
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
      JOTA Committee Chair

      * I am trying to get Scouts ready to produce raw video footage to send to a
      TV station in town. What a thrill it will be to see if scouts get on the
      air.

      Check out www.ariescs.com to get pictures and links to Hometown stories and
      TV.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
        National Office Point of Contact is Mr. Ray Moyer.

        e-mail: rmoyer@...

        Bill Wootton KC9ACL
        812-854-3822 (O)
        812-327-7966 (Cell)