Re: [scoutradio] national Jamboree

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2001
      They will be using the JOTA frequencies + or - qrm.  We too will be at Camp next week operating K3BSA from the Resica Falls Scout Reservation in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.  We will be qrv on HF ssb/cs/psk31.  We will also be set up to do APRS.
      Many of you may recognize the call (K3BSA), it is the club call of the SPARK Lodge ARC.  We have a permanent station at Camp Delmont on the Musser Scout Reservation where we operate on weekends.  We take a couple of rigs up to Resica for a week and also provide camp program and have several opportunities for Scouts to earn the Radio Merit Badge.

           73, Rick

      KG6AYP Randy wrote:

       I know that the National Jamboree has a Radio merit badge set up, but I'm
      wondering what frequencies they might be using? Jamboree happens to be the
      same week I'm up at camp were we are alos offering the Radio Badge, and we
      would like to know where to look if the propagation is good.

      Thanks!
      73

      Randy
      KG6AYP