Re: [ScoutRadio] Boy Scout MOU

  • Walter Underwood
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 20, 2012
      To get back to the original question about connecting Scouts with local emergency management, here are two resources that might help.

      First, a new online course from FEMA, IS-288 "The Role of Voluntary Agencies in Emergency Management": https://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/IS288.asp I think I'll be taking that.

      Second, there was a short item in Boy's Life this month (Dec 2012, page 15) about a Scout who worked out the partnership between his troop and the emergency management organization in his part of Seattle: http://blog.seattlepi.com/inqueenanne/2010/10/02/qa-scouts-blaze-trail-with-emergency-preparedness-partnership/ The last line of the article is "Anyone interested in connecting a Boy Scout troop with their neighborhood EPC can contact me at QAVFD.BLOG@...." I expect they really mean "anyone in Seattle", but I'm sure they have experience to pass on. I'm guessing that "QAVFD" is Queen Anne Volunteer Fire Department, but who knows?

      wunder
      K6WRU
      ASM, Troop 14, Palo Alto

      --