national Jamboree

  • KG6AYP Randy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2001
      I know that the National Jamboree has a Radio merit badge set up, but I'm
      wondering what frequencies they might be using? Jamboree happens to be the
      same week I'm up at camp were we are alos offering the Radio Badge, and we
      would like to know where to look if the propagation is good.

      Thanks!
      73

      Randy
      KG6AYP
    • Bill Stewart
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2001
        I believe they will be consentrating around the JOTA frequencies. They will also be operating a repeater on 145.17 -600khz offset.

        Bill Stewart, W2BSA

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2001
          Randy et al.,

          Go to http://www.bpmlegal.com/k2bsa.html for more information
          about K2BSA and its operations at the National Jamboree. I'll be staffing
          at K2BSA and can tell you they will be on the air almost 24 hours a day!

          73,
          Brian, N5ZGT
          http://www.swcp.com/~n5zgt

          On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, KG6AYP Randy wrote:

          > I know that the National Jamboree has a Radio merit badge set up, but I'm
          > wondering what frequencies they might be using? Jamboree happens to be the
          > same week I'm up at camp were we are alos offering the Radio Badge, and we
          > would like to know where to look if the propagation is good.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > 73
          >
          > Randy
          > KG6AYP

          > ScoutRadio start page:

        • Bill Stewart
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 16, 2001
            Thanks, Brian. I'm going to try and make the trip down from DC one weekend. I'll try and look you up.

            Bill, W2BSA
            about K2BSA and its operations at the National Jamboree.  I'll be staffing
            at K2BSA and can tell you they will be on the air almost 24 hours a day!

            73,
            Brian, N5ZGT
            http://www.swcp.com/~n5zgt

            On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, KG6AYP Randy wrote:

            > I know that the National Jamboree has a Radio merit badge set up, but I'm
            > wondering what frequencies they might be using? Jamboree happens to be the
            > same week I'm up at camp were we are alos offering the Radio Badge, and we
            > would like to know where to look if the propagation is good.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > 73
            >
            > Randy
            > KG6AYP