JOTA assistance requested in Canton, TX

  • Dale Lamm
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012
      All hams in 5-land.....

      I received this note from an organizer of a Dutch Oven cook-off to be held
      in Canton, Texas on JOTA weekend. The organizer sent the note through the
      Canton, Ohio amateur radio club by mistake. He is looking for hams to set up
      a JOTA station at their communitity event.

      [pasted]

      I am working with a group that is putting on a huge gathering of
      Dutch Oven Cooks and a competition in October 19-21 at the Canton Civic
      Center. As I am sure you are aware the 20th is the annual Scout Jamboree
      on the Air. We have a few troops signed up for the gathering. I was
      wondering if a member of your club might be interested in setting up a
      station so that the scouts participating in the gathering might also
      have a chance to participate in JOTA. You would be welcome to set up a
      full tilt booth to advertise your club and/or the ARRL if you would like
      to. If you have any questions feel free to ask them I will do my best to
      answer them

      Thanks
      Fritz Ramsey

      fritz@...
    • n5dgh
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2012
        Thanks Dale,
        Canton is in Van Zandt County within the NTX Section of WGD ARRL. Here in West Gulf Division, we have a Division Asst Dir - Radio Scouting and four Section Asst. Mgr - Radio Scouting. I serve as the WTX ASM - Radio Scouting. I am forwarding this request to our NTX ASM -Radio Scouting and WGD ADD - Radio Scouting for review, along with copying the sender with all e-mail addresses in the clear so they may take care of their business.
        Note for Dale: I will be competing on the Croton Creek chuck wagon at the Lincoln Cowboy Symposium and Cook-Off in Ruidoso, NM this weekend.
        Leland Fellows, N5DGH
        WTX ASM - Radio Scouting