Re: Radio Merit Badge in Bergen County New Jersey

  • ke7ngo11
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
      Does anyone have any props or hadouts for this MB?

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "wb2boo" <k2gw@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone from Northern New Jersey reach out to this gentleman? It's a bit far for me.
      >

      > Thanks & 73
      >
      > Gary, K2GW
      >
      > --------------------------------
      >
      > Do you offer a class for the Radio Merit Badge? My troop is from Bergen County.
      >
      > Epraschil1@...

    • Ed Dudley
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012

        I have some information that may be useful for Radio MB in New Jersey.

        Contact me at  WA4ISI  at ARRL dot NET

        Does anyone have any props or hadouts for this MB?

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "wb2boo" <k2gw@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone from Northern New Jersey reach out to this gentleman? It's a bit far for me.
        >

        > Thanks & 73
        >
        > Gary, K2GW
        >
        > --------------------------------
        >
        > Do you offer a class for the Radio Merit Badge? My troop is from Bergen County.
        >
        > Epraschil1@...

      • mcarter
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
          go to your search browser type in radio merit badge it should let you get to merit badge resource page if you do not like the work sheets try the arrl home page the created the merit badge book
          hope this sends you in the drection you want
          good luck

          Myron Carter, KØJR
          myroncarterjr@...

          I have some information that may be useful for Radio MB in New Jersey.

          Contact me at  WA4ISI  at ARRL dot NET

          Does anyone have any props or hadouts for this MB?

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "wb2boo" <k2gw@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone from Northern New Jersey reach out to this gentleman? It's a bit far for me.
          >

          > Thanks & 73
          >
          > Gary, K2GW
          >
          > --------------------------------
          >
          > Do you offer a class for the Radio Merit Badge? My troop is from Bergen County.
          >
          > Epraschil1@...

        • J.Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012

            Gary, Ed et al,

            I have a couple of useful items including an MS-Word version of the Radio Merit Badge Requirements Workbook that is cut down to use only the Amateur Radio option.  I also have some information on the program benefits of incorporating Amateur Radio into a Troop, Pack or Crew program.

            I’ll send them on to you shortly.

            Yours in Scouting!
            Thanks & 73,

            Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

            201.314.6964

            Does anyone have any props or hadouts for this MB?

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "wb2boo" <k2gw@...> wrote:

            > Can anyone from Northern New Jersey reach
            out to this gentleman? It's a bit far for me.

            > Thanks & 73
            >
            > Gary, K2GW
            >
            > --------------------------------
            >
            > Do you offer a class for the Radio Merit Badge? My troop is from
            w:st="on"> Bergen County .

            > Epraschil1@...

          • Allan R. Batteiger

              I have some information that may be useful for Radio MB in New Jersey.

              Contact me at  WA4ISI  at ARRL dot NET

              Does anyone have any props or hadouts for this MB?

              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "wb2boo" <k2gw@...> wrote:

              > Can anyone from Northern New Jersey reach out to this gentleman? It's a bit far for me.
              >

              > Thanks & 73
              >
              > Gary, K2GW

              > Do you offer a class for the Radio Merit Badge? My troop is from Bergen County.
              >
              > Epraschil1@...

            • n5hyp
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 28, 2012
                Hello Group,

                We at the Irving Amateur 0Radio Club in Irving Texas have been doing RMBs at the National Scouting Museum for several years now. We have accumulated a collection of handouts which we have posted online as a large PDF. They are all publicly available items but we put them together in one place and are pointing the Scouts here as a point of followup. You are welcome to download and distribute them as you wish. Go to http://irvingarc.org/radioscouting.html and go to "Radio Merit Badge packet. The other links are good there as well. http://k2gw.tripod.com/onlineradiomeritbadge/ of course is a good basic alternative to the official book and if you go to a companion page, http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadgeday/ they have good resources for instructors as well.

                I hope this helps. Hope to meet you on the air for a future Scouting event. Our next RMB is September 8th and then of course JOTA.

                73

                Tom Schuesler, N5HYP