APRS at Philmont

  • Steve K0STK
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2012
      Our Scout Troop (111, Fargo ND) recently sent a crew down to Philmont.

      I carried my VX-8GR (and Diamond 1/4 wave whip) to the summit of Mt
      Baldy. Managed to send a few packets through the TDAD digi ~45 miles
      away. Heard quite a bit of traffic up there. Packets will be visible on
      aprs.fi for a few more days; search for K0STK-7.

      Didn't try APRS from down in the canyons, though.

      On the way down and back my HT was running through the 1/4 wave magmount
      on my SUV's roof.

      --
      73, Steve, K0STK // k0stk@...