Recurring sides

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2012
      Greetings,

      Does anyone ever do a recurring sked or net periodically ?

      Any interest in having a prep / test sked before JOTA to meet / greet either on HF, echolink, or DStar prior to JOTA ?

      I was pleased to see this on the JOTA guidelines site, and have used the guidelines chart for HF calling frequencies which is invaluable in my opinion, and thought it might be great to meet up on a (...our...?) DStar Reflector.

      D-STAR
      http://www.dstarinfo.com
      REF033A has been allocated as a full-time JOTA/Radio Scouting D-STAR
      Reflector. After contact is established, stations should disconnect from
      REF033A and connect to one or other repeater or migrate to an unused
      Reflector.

      I haven't gotten on this reflector before, and thought I'd check in here and see about that too.

      73 and Happy Scouting
      Mike
      W4UOO
    • Stephen M. Shearer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2012

        GM,

        HF would be better for me. {although bands and propagation become an issue…}

        As far as I know there are no D-star repeaters in my area nor do I have a D-star radio.  Is there a way to get on D-star via echolink?

        At one time the USA had a SCOUT HF net {it was Sunday night?} See: for current: http://scout.org/en/information_events/events/jota/scout_radio_nets  -- I thought Saturday would be better {in the winter} for weekend camping.  During summer camp {in this area} Sunday would be better.

        73, Steve WB3LGC  {JOTA from Camp Rodney as KB3NCC also see http://www.scota.us/ }

[...]

        No virus found in this message.