Re: Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) on the Air

  • n2nhn
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012
      That sounds good. I will be around from around 6, so earlier is even better. The Scouts should be in after evening meal, so around 6:30 or so.

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Nathaniel Frissell <nafrissell@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Jack. How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so? We can try 7190 first.
      >
      > We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!
      >
      > 73,
      > Nathaniel
      >

      > On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:
      >
      > > Nathan,
      > > I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
      > > I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
      > > Let me know.
      > >
      > > 73,
      > > Jack N2NHn
      > >
      > > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
      > > > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
      > > > e-mail.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks!
      > > >
      > > > 73 es YIS,
      > > > Nathaniel, W2NAF

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012

        Radio Camp at Horseshoe Scout Reservation { Camp Ware } will also try to make contact…  W3BOY is our call.

        73, Steve WB3LGC

        Hi, Jack.  How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so?  We can try 7190 first.

        We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!

        73,

        Nathaniel

        On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:

        Nathan,
        I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
        I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
        Let me know.

        73,
        Jack N2NHn

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@...> wrote:

        > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
        > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
        > e-mail.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > 73 es YIS,
        > Nathaniel, W2NAF

        No virus found in this message.

      • Nathaniel Frissell
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012
          Hi, Jack and Steve.  Because of the VE session and dinner, I think the earliest I can get on tonight is 8:30 PM Eastern Time on 7190 MHz.

          Hope to see you then,
          Nathaniel, W2NAF/W2FSR

          On Jul 26, 2012, at 1:37 PM, n2nhn wrote:

          That sounds good. I will be around from around 6, so earlier is even better. The Scouts should be in after evening meal, so around 6:30 or so.

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Nathaniel Frissell <nafrissell@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Jack. How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so? We can try 7190 first.
          >
          > We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!
          >
          > 73,
          > Nathaniel
          >

          > On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:
          >
          > > Nathan,
          > > I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
          > > I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
          > > Let me know.
          > >
          > > 73,
          > > Jack N2NHn
          > >
          > > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
          > > > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
          > > > e-mail.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks!
          > > >
          > > > 73 es YIS,
          > > > Nathaniel, W2NAF

        • Nathaniel Frissell
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
            Hi, everyone.

            We were on last night, but there were some big storms, a noisy band, and a lot of commotion in camp. So, none of the skeds we had made went through. On the plus side, we had 1 scout and 1 adult leader earn their tech license at the VE session last night!

            Anyway, I'm planning on going back on the air today starting at 1930 UTC (3:30 Eastern Time). I'll start calling CQ on 14.290 MHz, and if no good QSOs then go to 7.190 MHz. After that, we will stick to the scout frequencies, and then maybe do some PSK31 on 14.070.

            Hopefully, we will here some of you today.

            TNX es 73,
            Nathaniel, W2FSR/W2NAF
          • Stephen M. Shearer
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 28, 2012

              Well we tried.

              Thunder storms put everyone into the dining hall for most of the evening…

              As part of our VE testing we did get five NEW youth licensed and one {from last year} upgraded to General.

              73, Steve

              Radio Camp at Horseshoe Scout Reservation {Camp Ware} will also try to make contact…  W3BOY is our call.

              73, Steve WB3LGC

              Hi, Jack.  How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so?  We can try 7190 first.

              We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!

              73,

              Nathaniel

              On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:

              Nathan,
              I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
              I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
              Let me know.

              73,
              Jack N2NHn

              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@...> wrote:

              > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
              > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
              > e-mail.
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > 73 es YIS,
              > Nathaniel, W2NAF

              No virus found in this message.

              No virus found in this message.
              Internal Virus Database is out of date.

            • Nathaniel Frissell

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 31, 2012
                  N2NHN on the air from Winnebago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ

                  14303, 7190, 147300

                  jack N2NHN