Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) on the Air

  • Nathaniel A. Frissell
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 21, 2012
      Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
      NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
      e-mail.

      Thanks!

      73 es YIS,
      Nathaniel, W2NAF
    • n2nhn
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 24, 2012
        Nathan,
        I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
        I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
        Let me know.

        73,
        Jack N2NHn

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@...> wrote:

        > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
        > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
        > e-mail.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > 73 es YIS,
        > Nathaniel, W2NAF

      • Nathaniel Frissell
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 24, 2012
          Hi, Jack.  How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so?  We can try 7190 first.

          We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!

          73,
          Nathaniel

        • w2ttt@att.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 24, 2012
            Hi Nathaniel!
            How about a sked on 146.76 rpt on Tuesday  at about 10 pm followed by an HF contact next week when
            Troop 139 is at Camp Turrell?  We can do the 76 sked almost any time of day or night.

            Anyone can text or call me for an HF or VHF sked at 201.314.6964 for Scout contacts.
            Vy 7r,
            Gordon Beattie W2TTT

            -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

            On Jul 24, 2012 9:39 PM, Nathaniel Frissell <nafrissell@...> wrote:

            Hi, Jack.  How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so?  We can try 7190 first.

            We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!

            73,
            Nathaniel

            On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:

            Nathan,
            I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
            I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
            Let me know.

            73,
            Jack N2NHn

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@...> wrote:

            > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
            > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
            > e-mail.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > 73 es YIS,
            > Nathaniel, W2NAF

          • n2nhn
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012
              That sounds good. I will be around from around 6, so earlier is even better. The Scouts should be in after evening meal, so around 6:30 or so.

              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Nathaniel Frissell <nafrissell@...> wrote:

              > Hi, Jack. How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so? We can try 7190 first.
              >
              > We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!
              >
              > 73,
              > Nathaniel
              >

              > On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:
              >
              > > Nathan,
              > > I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
              > > I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
              > > Let me know.
              > >
              > > 73,
              > > Jack N2NHn
              > >
              > > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
              > > > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
              > > > e-mail.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks!
              > > >
              > > > 73 es YIS,
              > > > Nathaniel, W2NAF

            • Steve
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012

                Radio Camp at Horseshoe Scout Reservation { Camp Ware } will also try to make contact…  W3BOY is our call.

                73, Steve WB3LGC

                Hi, Jack.  How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so?  We can try 7190 first.

                We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!

                73,

                Nathaniel

                On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:

                Nathan,
                I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
                I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
                Let me know.

                73,
                Jack N2NHn

                --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@...> wrote:

                > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
                > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
                > e-mail.
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > 73 es YIS,
                > Nathaniel, W2NAF

                No virus found in this message.

              • Nathaniel Frissell
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 26, 2012
                  Hi, Jack and Steve.  Because of the VE session and dinner, I think the earliest I can get on tonight is 8:30 PM Eastern Time on 7190 MHz.

                  Hope to see you then,
                  Nathaniel, W2NAF/W2FSR

                  On Jul 26, 2012, at 1:37 PM, n2nhn wrote:

                  That sounds good. I will be around from around 6, so earlier is even better. The Scouts should be in after evening meal, so around 6:30 or so.

                  --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Nathaniel Frissell <nafrissell@...> wrote:

                  > Hi, Jack. How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so? We can try 7190 first.
                  >
                  > We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!
                  >
                  > 73,
                  > Nathaniel
                  >

                  > On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:
                  >
                  > > Nathan,
                  > > I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
                  > > I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
                  > > Let me know.
                  > >
                  > > 73,
                  > > Jack N2NHn
                  > >
                  > > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
                  > > > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
                  > > > e-mail.
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks!
                  > > >
                  > > > 73 es YIS,
                  > > > Nathaniel, W2NAF

                • Nathaniel Frissell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 27, 2012
                    Hi, everyone.

                    We were on last night, but there were some big storms, a noisy band, and a lot of commotion in camp. So, none of the skeds we had made went through. On the plus side, we had 1 scout and 1 adult leader earn their tech license at the VE session last night!

                    Anyway, I'm planning on going back on the air today starting at 1930 UTC (3:30 Eastern Time). I'll start calling CQ on 14.290 MHz, and if no good QSOs then go to 7.190 MHz. After that, we will stick to the scout frequencies, and then maybe do some PSK31 on 14.070.

                    Hopefully, we will here some of you today.

                    TNX es 73,
                    Nathaniel, W2FSR/W2NAF
                  • Stephen M. Shearer
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 28, 2012

                      Well we tried.

                      Thunder storms put everyone into the dining hall for most of the evening…

                      As part of our VE testing we did get five NEW youth licensed and one {from last year} upgraded to General.

                      73, Steve

                      Radio Camp at Horseshoe Scout Reservation {Camp Ware} will also try to make contact…  W3BOY is our call.

                      73, Steve WB3LGC

                      Hi, Jack.  How about Thursday, around 8:30 PM or so?  We can try 7190 first.

                      We have a VE session at 7 and a sked with Jim Wilson at 9:00 PM, so it will be a busy evening!

                      73,

                      Nathaniel

                      On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:59 PM, n2nhn wrote:

                      Nathan,
                      I will be up at Winnabago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ this evening, Thursday evening, and next Tuesday/Thursday. The typcal time is post dinner, but I get in here after work; say around 5:30 PM
                      I would figure 7190, 3940, and perhaps we can try the 147.30 repeater between us. Open to everyone! I'll add more detail tomorrow.
                      Let me know.

                      73,
                      Jack N2NHn

                      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Nathaniel A. Frissell" <nafrissell@...> wrote:

                      > Hi, everyone. I'm heading up to Forestburg Scout Reservation (W2FSR) in
                      > NY tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a sked, please send me an
                      > e-mail.
                      >
                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > 73 es YIS,
                      > Nathaniel, W2NAF

                      No virus found in this message.

                      No virus found in this message.
                      Internal Virus Database is out of date.

                    • Nathaniel Frissell

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 31, 2012
                          N2NHN on the air from Winnebago Scout Reservation in Rockaway, NJ

                          14303, 7190, 147300

                          jack N2NHN