Radio Merit Badge, Camp George W. Pirtle, success.

  • Jeff Montgomery
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 6:02 PM
      Hello,
      It sure was hot, but we were able to get 14 Scouts through the Radio
      Merit Badge last week
      at the George W. Pirtle Scout Reservation on Lake Murval in East Texas.
      Contacts were made
      on the Awful Awful Ugly net on 3855 and these guys and Wayne KB5AAU, the
      net control took
      our boys to heart and really made their contacts memorable. I can't say
      thanks enough. Bookwork
      was done with material authored by James Alderman and his material sure
      made the class go
      smoothly. I look to have some future hams come out of this bunch.
      Thanks to Bart McReynolds KE5WEG as co-teacher and the guys back at the
      Palestine Tx Club who
      stood by to help the Scouts make contacts.
      Winter camp is right around the corner for us and many other camps and
      we look forward to the cooler
      weather. I you have a camp near you, please consider volunteering your
      services to teach Radio Merit
      Badge as I know you will be welcomed.

      73

      Jeff Montgomery