Re: [ScoutRadio] Summer Camp contact via echo link in London?

  • Frank Heritage
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2012
      Hello Ron, Jim and Wunder!
      Thank you for the comments... we aim to please at GB2GP! :-)
      There aren't any of the operators on site at Gilwell generally during the week I'm afraid...
      However, next weekend is our Cub and Beaver Fundays, and the station will be operational on the HF bands on the Saturday and Sunday when we have approximately 2,500 youngsters on site over the weekend...

      I will be on site at Gilwell Park from the Thursday evening, and if all else fails, I have Echolink on my phone!
      If I can be of assistance either Thursday from 1900hrs GMT onwards, or Friday almost any time, please let me know...

      The callsign on Echolink for me is M0AEU (we can't get GB2GP licenced on Echolink at the moment.. .they won't licence GB calls!  :-(

      Unfortunately I have to work this week, and I am a little outside of London to count... we do have the rowing taking place just up the road, and the sailing down the road (it's a long road!), but to be fair, I don't really count!  :-D

      Please give me a shout if I can be of assistance!
      Cheers
      Frank, M0AEU
      Volunteer manager for GB2GP - Gilwell Park

      On 17 Jun 2012, at 20:10, Walter Underwood wrote:

      I'd start with the radio station at Gilwell Park in London, GB2GP. Very friendly folk there.

      http://www.gb2gp.org.uk/