Re: [scoutradio] Selling Stuff & Inquiry

  • W4SNW2@cs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2001
      To reach Scouters interested in Ham Radio, I would suggest contacting the
      local 'Roundtable" Commissioner to introduce yourself to the local Scout
      leaders. Roundtables are monthly meeting held in Districts which, in turn,
      report to the local Council.

      The name of the District staff can be obtain from the Council or a local
      Scoutmaster in your immediate area. We introduced Ham Radio at a local Scout
      Show that many Districts hold on an annual basis, as well as JOTA.

      The local Scout Camp is also an excellent point of contact to find Scouters
      who also have a Ham license. Once we established K4BOY at the local BSA
      Camp, the Scouter/Hams found us!

      Good luck and be patient. It takes time to establish a program, but a few
      individuals can really make a difference.

      Best 73's

      Steve White,W4SNW
      Unit Commissioner
      and Trustee, K4BOY