Field Day Radio Merit Badge Classes

  • Elden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2012
      In response to the question about advertising, I use www.meritbadge.info. It was started by two friends of mine, Scouters from the Foot Hills District, several years ago and is used in almost every state. On the site, it lists events, merit badge counselor information and has a registration system.

      As far as combining the Tech Class with the Merit Badge Class, I have been teaching the merit badge classes for eight years and Tech Classes for four years. The merit badge class is a good introduction but it takes considerably more and different information for the tech license.

      I have a young man who attended the Tech then the General Class. Based on this, he received the Radio Merit Badge although he had some problems because he earned his general at 11 years old (got his tech at 19)

      Good luck with the classes. I use a power point presentation with a projector and screen in a pavillion at a picnic area of a park we use every year. It works well. We just take extra fans- real hot and muggy in Georgia.

      73's,

      ELDEN MORRIS, N1MN
      Radio Merit Badge Counselor
      Covered Bridge & Foothills Districts