Fw: [CQ-Naples] Boy Scouts looking for ham help Saturday

  • Demos Doulou
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 1999
      From: Gary Arnold <garnold@...>
      To: CQ-Naples@onelist.com <CQ-Naples@onelist.com>
      Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 4:48 PM
      Subject: [CQ-Naples] Boy Scouts looking for ham help Saturday

      >From: Gary Arnold <garnold@...>
      >
      >I had a call this afternoon from Rick Newton of the local Boy Scout
      >organization. They're having an event at Cambier Park this Saturday
      >from 8am to noon, and needs a ham or two to help some kids with merit
      >badges. Any former scouts who'd like to give a hand? He apologizes for
      >the short notice request... Let me know and I'll put you in touch with
      >him. Right now I'm not able to make plans even that short time out, due
      >to uncertainties over fires etc.
      >
      >73, Gary
      >
      >--
      > ________
      >Gary Arnold, CEM/FPEM, Collier County Emergency Management
      >E-mail: garnold@... (Alt: gary.arnold@...)
      >EM page: "http://www.collierem.org/"
      >Mine : "http://www.collierem.org/garnold.htm"
      > -/-
      >"I recently moved into a new apartment, and there was this switch
      >on the wall that didn't do anything...so anytime I had nothing to
      >do, I'd just flick that switch up and down...up and down...up and
      >down....Then one day I got a letter from a woman in Germany....it
      >just said, "Cut it out."
      > -- Steven Wright, peripheral visionary

    • Jon Pearl W4ABC
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 1999
        > >I had a call this afternoon from Rick Newton of the local Boy Scout
        > >organization. They're having an event at Cambier Park this Saturday
        > >from 8am to noon, and needs a ham or two to help some kids with merit
        > >badges. Any former scouts who'd like to give a hand? He apologizes for
        > >the short notice request... Let me know and I'll put you in touch with
        > >him. Right now I'm not able to make plans even that short time out, due
        > >to uncertainties over fires etc.
        > >
        > >73, Gary

        Jon Pearl Replies...

        Hi Gary and group... I would love to help this weekend, but I am going the
        opposite direction on Saturday to the *West Central Florida Council BSA* -
        Sandhill Scout Reservation to meet with the president of the Spring Hill
        Amateur Radio Club and discuss our plans for implementing our ScoutRadio
        Repeater System.

        I understand that you were under short notice yourself, and you may want to
        post on the FLham reflector if you don't get any bites.

        73 Jon Pearl W4ABC