Local Council Loan Program

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2012
      Applications are being accepted now. Here's the announcement going out to local councils this week.

      Icom America and the Boy Scouts of America have entered into a sponsorship agreement by which Icom America will provide up to 10 complete amateur radio stations for use by local councils beginning in 2012 and extending through 2015.

      These stations can be used to support Radio merit badge workshops, Jamboree on the Air, or other council events to introduce Scouts to the fun and technology of amateur radio while communicating across the country and around the world.

      Stations can be requested for long-term development loan stations and for event loan stations. Details can be found at http://www.scouting.org/jota/station-loan
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2012
        Here's an update on the ICOM America Local Council Loan Program --- Ray Novak, N9JA, at ICOM reports that he has 10 complete station kits ready to go to local Scout councils. I've posted a short write up and photos at http://www.k2bsa.net/icom-station-loans/

        The applications can be found here http://www.scouting.org/jota/station-loan.aspx

        These stations are ready for both short term and long term loans. Examples include radio merit badge workshops, camporees, Jamboree-on-the-Air, or longer term loans to help support a start up crew focused on amateur radio or a new or revitalized presence as a Scout Camp.

        73, Jim, K5ND
        Chairman, National Radio Scouting Committee