2013 Jamboree. APRS support?

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 35 , May 25 10:57 AM
      West VA scouters/hams,

      I notice there is not any APRS within 50 miles of the new huge new
      wilderness Scout Jamboree location in West Virginia.

      The closest digi is KC8SDN, but it's PHG data is not in the correct format,
      so its coverage cannot be visualized. There is an "R" on the end of the PHG
      that makes it not parseable.

      We have a year to get some APRS connectivity into the "Summit" (the new name
      for this new PERMANENT and SCOUT owned jamboree and camp location.

      Anyone gonna take the lead?

      Here's the live map now: http://aprs.fi/kc8sdn-5

      Bob, Wb4aPR
    • KB3CVS (Tom)
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 18, 2012
        I tend to listen to 145.330, however the best way to contact is via email.

        -Tom-

        On 6/14/2012 7:07 AM, Stephen M. Shearer wrote:

        Do you also know about Science and Radio Merit Badge Camp at Chester County Council {PA}?

        Check out http://hsr-bsa.org/sarmbc1.2.htm

        Steve