Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Icom America Announces K2BSA Sponsorship

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 35 , May 24, 2012
      I agree. I go out of my way to support those who help scouting. I've reposed the information about ICOM's support to several local Ham Radio Facebook pages. I hope they get some good advertising out of their good turn.

      73,
      Steve
      WB2OGY

      On 05/23/2012 10:45 PM, Mike Lukas wrote:

      Anytime some one wants to donate new gear great. thrifty yah yah thrifty.   if Icom wants to donate to lewis and clark distric ,montana council I'll TAKE IT. Are summer camps and the JOTA station would benefit.  I have been tring for years to get plug and play ham stations for are summer camps. we have 2 in montana.  mike lukas scout master troop1026 great falls mt. Jota chairman

      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      From: k2gw@...
      Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 03:52:04 +0000
      Subject: [ScoutRadio] Re: Icom America Announces K2BSA

      This is bordering on looking a gift horse in the mouth.  A Scout is courteous.

      The major difference is that while others might SELL great radios, Icom actually now GIVES great radios and repeaters worth nearly $100,000 to BSA. We should be grateful to the manufacturer that chose to use their own money to support our efforts to bring Amateur Radio to Scouts, rather than disparage their offerings.

      I suggest we drop this discussion now.

      Thanks and 73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW
      BSA National Radio ScoutingCommittee

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Montgomery <jmonty@...> wrote:

      > Kenwood makes great radios with built in APRS.
      > I wonder why ICOM never did. There are way more analog users aof APRS.
      > Maybe they will come out with one soon

    • KB3CVS (Tom)
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 18, 2012
        I tend to listen to 145.330, however the best way to contact is via email.

        -Tom-

        On 6/14/2012 7:07 AM, Stephen M. Shearer wrote:

        Do you also know about Science and Radio Merit Badge Camp at Chester County Council {PA}?

        Check out http://hsr-bsa.org/sarmbc1.2.htm

        Steve