Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 167

  • Larry Acklin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2001

      I used a 2 cell AA flashlight with a really good on off switch, removed the bulb, broke out the glass and soldered a 1/8 watt resistor and high output focused beam RED LED into the area formally occupied by the bulb envelope.  No mods to the flashlight, it puts out enough light to walk in the dark, and does not ruin my night vision (for astronomy use, white lights are no good)

      73
      Larry
      KB3CUF