Re: [ScoutRadio] Morse Code Interpreter Strip

  • Lamers, William M III (Will)
    Message 1 of 16 , May 4, 2012
      I guess this is where the old call books come in handy....

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 4, 2012, at 20:26, "Bill Stewart" <w2bsa@...> wrote:

      I would say that any one who got their license prior to the no-code regulation would qualify as long as they were Tech-Plus or better.
      Your license would be your proof.

      Best 73,

      Bill Stewart, W2BSA

      On 5/4/2012 9:54 PM, Javier Henderson wrote:

      On May 4, 2012, at 6:11 PM, Sid Hughes <sid.k0sch@...> wrote:

      > Pretty cool. Wonder if my element 1 certification, done for my general, works?

      I would say that this is done on the honor system. The patch talks about 5 wpm, I'm fine with around 25 wpm (I've been active on CW for a long time), so I will get the patch. If someone ever calls me to help with translating a morse code conversation, I'll be able to do it at speeds well above the patch requirement.

      73,
      -jav k4jh

    • Walter Underwood
      Message 2 of 16 , May 4, 2012
        Not really. I certainly would not wear the strip. I was certified at 5 WPM for my Novice in 1970, but couldn't make 13 WPM two years later, so I was out of the hobby until a few years ago. I haven't done any Morse for forty years.

        The requirements are clear. You demonstrate your fluency in order to wear the patch. You do not rely on some certification from the distant past.

        wunder
        K6WRU

        --
        Walter Underwood

      • Bill Stewart
        Message 3 of 16 , May 5, 2012
          That's your call. I'll look at some of my friends who are 20WPM extras and say go for it.
          I never got code because it would take me 15mins to get to where I could copy it. That doesn't work for a test.

          Bill
          W2BSA