GB2GP & JOTA

  • Frank Heritage
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2011
      Hello Folks...
      Well it's one week to the big event...

      And the new website for GB2GP Gilwell Park is just about ready! It
      still needs some content adding, and it won't completely come alive
      until next weekend, but it's up and running.

      http://www.gb2gp.org.uk

      Over JOTA the website will feature live frequencies, updated
      automatically from the rigs and our online logbook, again updated
      automatically every couple of minutes.
      There will be at least one live webcam, controllable across the web so
      you can pan round the shack and see what's happening.
      Our SSTV will upload received and transmitted pictures onto the
      server, and the weather satellite receiver will upload all the
      received weather images, including the progressive composite images.
      The Scouts visiting the station will also be able to add to our live
      news section, as well as creating their own pages as we go through the
      weekend.
      Need to know if you can get a contact to the UK at a given time and
      freq? Well there's no guarantee, but have a look at the propagation
      page to see the predicted activity.

      We also have Facebook and Twitter (@GB2GP) feeds... Please 'Like' or
      'Follow' us to keep up to date with what we're up to...
      Links to both from the home page.

      Can you help fill in the gaps? We're trying to document the history of
      Radio Scouting at Gilwell Park. If you are able to add to the history
      pages, please drop me a line.

      73 and look forward to speaking to you over JOTA from GB2GP
      Frank Heritage
      M0AEU